Chateau Chapeau, a Wine Cork Hat Knitting Pattern by Christine Long Derks! Knit a little and sip a little!
Why just give a plain old bottle of wine as your next gift? Knit up a Chateau Chapeau for the wine lover in your life! Want to be the Toast of the next Wine Tasting Event? Knit yourself a wine cork hat and leave an impression not to be topped!
Skills needed are cast on, knit, purl and knit 2 together. Pattern includes photo tutorial on placing wine cork beads in two methods...floppy for a hat where the beads shimmy about playfully or fixed where the beads are knitted in place. Tutorial for creating your wine cork beads are included.
Yarn requirements (choose one option)
Approx 75 (med) or 80 (large) yards (62 or 66 meters) of Bulky Yarn Yarns Used: • Big Treasures Bulky Hand Dyed Yarn by Treasure Goddess (100 grams / 97 m / 106 yds, 100% superwash merino wool) 1 skein, colorway Ruby Daggers (red), Size Medium with “floppy wine cork beads”
• Treasured Handspun Bulky by Treasure Goddess (burgandy hat) Two Ply Yarn, 1 skein, approx 6 WPI, 70 yards, Size Medium with “fixed wine cork beads”
• Treasured Handspun Bulky by Treasure Goddess (pink hat) Two Ply Yarn, 1 skein, approx 6 WPI, 76 yards, Size Large with “floppy wine cork beads”
• Optional: If you decide upon the “floppy” version of beading, a few yards of lace yarn or sock yarn in color close to main yarn is needed to thread through beads.
Wine Cork Beads: 12-18 wine cork beads
OR create slices of wine corks, poke hole and use as your beads.
• Size 10.5 US (6.5 m) circular knitting needles in 16” length.
• Set of 4 double point knitting needles in size US 10.5 (6.5 m).
• Size 8 US (5 mm) circular knitting needles in 16” length.
• Small Steel Crochet Hook US 00-3 (size 1.65mm – 2.1mm) OR as small as you have in your stash or your friend’s project bag.
• Optional: Small knitting needle if you’re making your own beads Size 1-3 US (2.25-3.25) knitting needle to create hole in cork slice OR just use the little crochet hook to poke hole too.
• Darning needle to weave in ends.
A pdf pattern will be available for download after payment is complete.
This listing is for the PATTERN ONLY, not finished item. Easy and quick knitting pattern!